Quick Dessert Time- Recipe Caramel Custard
Custards are trouble-free to make, and if you ask the little kids, the first kind of custard they will name is the caramel custard. No matter which part of the world you are located, the recipe for caramel custard is more or less consistent. The cooking time for this recipe is close to one hour, but preparing the basics shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Ingredients: 2 cups of milk, 10 teaspoons of sugar, 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
How to get started?
- Take the milk in a saucepan and add 9 teaspoons of sugar. Boil the mixture for at least 5 minutes and cool down to normal temperature.
- Take the cooled mix of milk and sugar and add the eggs. Please note that the eggs must be beaten separately till fluffy in a separate bowl before adding to the mixture.
- Add one teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Take a vessel, preferably a medium sized pan and add the sugar to the pan. Keep the flame low at all times, and the sugar will soon start to melt.
- Once the sugar caramelizes, you can use a small spatula or a spoon to take out the liquid on a small vessel or preferably a cake mould.
- Spread the caramel well around the base of the vessel and add the mixture of milk and eggs on the top.
- Place the bowl/mould with the mixture in a larger vessel with a little water at the bottom and cover the lid to cook the mixture on slow flame. You can also put the mixture in a larger bowl and bake it in the oven for 25 minutes.
- After an hour, turn the mold/bowl upside down, and the custard will come out easily.
Finally, refrigerate the custard before serving cold!