STEAK AND PINEAPPLE SKEWERS
PREP: 1 hour marinating and 20 minutes prepping
GRILL: 6-8 minutes
READY: 1 hour and 26-28 minutes
1 package of top sirloin chunks
½ red onion, diced
1 teaspoon of black pepper
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
¼ cup of beer, preferably an amber ale
1 can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 pinch of salt
Optional add on: Spice up your steak skewers with alternating cuts of green and/or yellow peppers.
1. Set the steak chunks into a large, sealable container. Use a fork to tenderize and poke holes into the surface of the steak chunks. In another bowl, mix the beer, brown sugar, and red onion together. Pour the mixture directly onto the steak chunks, cover the container, and let them marinate for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the grill on high heat.
3. Separate the steak chunks from the marinade and sprinkle with black pepper. Cook the remaining marinade in a saucepan on low heat for 3 minutes. Put the marinade in a bowl to baste the steak skewers as they grill. Keep an eye on the basting because the brown sugar can burn easily.
4. Load up your skewers with the steak and pineapple chunks, being sure to alternate between the two.
5. Oil grill grate. After setting the skewers onto the grill, squeeze lemon onto the meat. Depending on how you want the steaks cooked, let the kabobs grill for 6 to 8 minutes. To crisp each side, turn and baste the kabobs. For a flavorful finish, use the majority of your marinade during the last few minutes of grilling.
6. Once your steak skewers are done, sprinkle them with a pinch of salt.
7. Serve your kabobs as an appetizer or plate them with a fresh garden salad.